Re: inquiry

Charles Schultz wrote:

"Increasing numbers of employers are seeking employees who have been
designated Certified Archivists through the exam offered by the Academy of
Certified Archivists.  Check out the ACA Web site at Certifiedarchivists.org
for requirements."

Oddly enough, I don't believe this is true. In fact, my impression is that
ACA certification is mentioned increasingly less often in archives job
postings. For example, there are currently 33 positions listed in the SAA
Employment Bulletin at
http://www.archivists.org/employment/index.html#lastmonth

Of these 33, only two mention ACA certification; in one it is "preferred";
in another it is "desirable."

Thomas J. Wood
Archivist
Archives/Special Collections LIB 144