Reporting Structure

Good afternoon list.  I need your assistance.  Our company is in the process
of restructuring some departments and/or their reporting structure.
Currently, our Records Department falls under the Chemical Administrative
world of one division within the corporation.  Since the
creation/implementation of a corporate records retention schedule, focus has
been to evaluate under which department/division of the corporation we
should be reporting and budgeting to.   I have been asked to gather
information if at all possible on what others in our industry may be doing.

NCH is a maintenance, repair and supply business that operates in over 50
countries.  The Company is a worldwide network with divisions that provide a
vast array of products and services including specialty chemicals,
lubricants, premium fastening systems, welding alloys, plumbing repair,
property management and replacement parts, electronic components, first-aid
supplies, water and oil treatment.

Any information about your department structures would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

James Fletcher
NCH Corporation
Records and Word Processing