Coal mining materials

Hello List,
  I am working on collecting resources for an exhibit on coal mining in
southwestern Virginia.  While I have found many wonderful artifacts,
manuscripts, reports, etc., I am eager to tap the resources on this list.
  There are many resources on WV, PA (my home state), and western mining
states, but I haven't found too many specifically on southwestern VA.  Yes,
WV used to be in VA, but I want to concentrate on those counties that have
remained in VA (Wise, Tazwell, Dikenson, Buchanan, Lee, Giles, etc).  I am
particularly interested in the immigrants who worked in mining towns like
Dante, Norton, Big Stone Gap, and Stonega.
  I realize there will be some overlap with what I have already uncovered,
but I would like to hear some suggestions. I don't want to miss that
wonderful "nugget" of history that one of you has been eager to see
exhibited.
  Thank you in advance.  You may reply off-list.

Vince