Digitizing College Records

Hello!  I am new to the Archives/Archivists Listserv, so please just
refer me to the List Archives if this topic has been discussed and/or
you don't wish to reiterate :-)

We are in the beginning stages of a project in which we'd be digitizing
our College Catalogs.  I'm wondering if anyone has done or is doing this
and can offer advise--i.e. are you doing the work in house or with a
vendor?  If the latter, can you recommend any, particularly one who
would take on a small(er) project?  Once the initial project is
complete, how often do you digitize subsequent records?  Any insights,
etc. would be much appreciated.  Thanking you in advance....Deb
begin:          vcard
fn:             Deb Biggs
n:              ;Deb Biggs
org:            WCC
adr:            4800 E. Huron River Dr.;;P.O. Box D-1;Ann Arbor;MI;48106-1610;USA
email;internet: dbiggs@wccnet.org
title:          Librarian/Archivist
tel;work:       734-973-3702
tel;fax:        734-677-2220