Coping with messages from this listserv

I've finally found a way of coping with the volume of e-mail from this
listserv that works well for me, and thought others on the list might
find it helpful.

I recently learned how to use the mail filter feature in Netscape to
divert all incoming messages from this listserv to a separate folder
instead of my regular inbox. Works great!! Now listserv postings no
longer overwhelm and hide other incoming e-mail messages; I can let the
listserv postings pile up until I have time to read them; and I know
that replies to every message in that folder will be set to go to the
whole list.

I have Netscape Communicator 4.6. To set up the filter, I clicked Edit,
then Message Filters, then New. I specified that if the "to" part of the
message "contains" "ARCHIVES@listserv.muohio" then "move to folder" (I
created a New Folder and named it Incoming Archives).

For those of you on other mail systems, your systems people can probably
tell you whether you can set up filters and if so, how it's done.

--
Nancy Hadley
Warren E. Burger Collection Archivist