off the Mark?

In my fourteen years in this profession I am only beginning to go to
conferences, so I am far from an authority. But last summer I attended
NARAGA at the Adam's Mark Hotel in Columbus, Ohio. It is my only
experience with this hotel chain.

But for the week I was there I have to admit everything was first class
from shuttle rides, to concierge service, room service and the meeting
room facilities. People were friendly and helpful. Now I have to admit I
never eat in hotel restaurants preferring to seek out the local
establishments for all my meals. But I don't think it is fair to judge
the many staffs (most of whom are working class heroes if you are of my
generation) as a whole as a result of isolated incidents and/or
management policies.

I'm sure everyone on this list, especially if involved with the public
can attest to the fact that you can do a thousands things right and
without thanks or acknowledgement, but do one thing wrong and it
overshadows and clouds all the previous good work.

My $.02

/Bill

Bill Milhomme
Field Archivist