Re: NCC Washington Update

Granted that this list is pretty USA-centric, and that Washington, DC is not
the center of the known universe -- still, news and legislative actions at
the federal level are of broad interest (if not necessarily personal
relevance) to a wide spectrum of archivists, including sometimes those
outside the country of origin.  When such postings are clearly identified in
the subject line, so that those not interested can immediately identify them
as deletions, it seems to me that the benefits of broad circulation far
outweigh the liabilities.  Rather than curtail such circulations, I think it
would be neat to see similar postings of general archival news from other
countries.

Lydia Lucas
Archival Processing Coordinator
Minnesota Historical Society