From: Dean DeBolt [mailto:ddebolt@MAIL.UWF.EDU]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 2:55 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Low- or No-Cost Way to Exhibit Papers

I think 3M makes a tacky ribbon that can be placed on the wall
in a long strip and then papers can be affixed to this.  I've also
had good luck with these acrylic pockets but they are costly.

Dean

At 02:26 PM 2/21/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm seeking ideas of how to display single papers (regular 8.5"X11") in a
>no- or low-cost way, in a long hallway. Placing items into or onto the wall
>is frowned upon.  There are no ceiling panels, from which I might consider
>dropping a lightweight support on which to attach the papers. I must also
>leave adequate room for pedestrians in the hallway, not violate firecodes
by
>blocking escape doors, etc. In the past, at another location, a ribbon-like
>material was dropped from the metallic gridwork of the ceiling panels,
>providing sufficient support for the stapled papers positioned individually
>onto the ribbon. The budget for this is practically nil.  I know this
sounds
>like something for David Copperfield to work magic with, but I know how
>resourceful archivists can be. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

>Sharon Lee Butcher
>Reference Librarian
>AEDC Technical Library
>100 Kindel Drive, Suite C212
>Arnold AFB, TN  37389-3212
>Phone:  931-454-4430
>Fax:  931-454-5421
>e-mail:  sharon.butcher@arnold.af.mil
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338