Re: "Archiving" University Course Catalogs

Frank:
Did you get any responses to your query about colleciting electronic
versions of catalogs?
Erik Nordberg
Michigan Tech

At 09:55 AM 2/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Colleagues,
>
>The University Archives of the University of Wisconsin-Madison is
>involved  in designing a process to preserve digital version(s) of our
>academic catalogs.   We have acknowledged through a set of electronic
>records  policy principles that  the preservation of electronic records may
>be a distributed responsibility for our institution, and that we would not
>attempt to acquire electronic records in all cases or have the capability
>within the Archives to maintain them .  Rather, we want to assure that the
>records creators maintain an archival copy -- as archivists, not
>techno-geeks, use the term.  The Archives would  maintain bibliographic
>information about the catalog, and would provide access to the users of a
>"true copy" of the catalog.  As we proceed with this effort, it would
>greatly help us if we could learn of the efforts of other repositories who
>have faced these issues.   Specifically, does anyone have experience with
>specifying norms or rules for preservation, access, migration, etc, when
>archival responsibility for a set of electronic records is "delegated" to
>working departments?"
>

>Thanks,
>
>Frank
>

>J. Frank Cook                     Voice:  608/262-3290
>Univ. of Wis.- Madison Archives     FAX:  608/265-2754
>B134 Memorial Library          Internet:  jfcook@library.wisc.edu
>728 State Street
>Madison, WI 53706-1494      My views -- not necessarily the UW's
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Erik C. Nordberg,   University Archivist
MTU Archives & Copper Country Hist. Coll.
Michigan Technological University
Houghton, MI 49931
Tel: 906-487-2505      Fax: 906-487-2357
enordber@mtu.edu      copper@mtu.edu
On the www at http://www.lib.mtu.edu/jrvp/mtuarchives/mtuarchives.htm