Re: "Archiving" University Course Catalogs

Hi,

Good luck with this University Archives initiative!

I would highly recommend that you suggest/require specific storage media
for those departments desiring to archive (again, in "our" usage, not that
of the computing community) documents or publications that they create. I
was uncertain from your posting exactly how the mix of paper and electronic
preservation would be divided between Univ. Archives and the departments.
Future migration is likely to be more manageable if you have a solid
control over the types of media different units are using for electronic
preservation, such as it is.

My $.02 worth,

Chuck Thomas
Question to Elvis: "What kind of girls do you prefer?"

Elvis: "Female mostly."

  --From THE QUOTABLE KING
    (Nashville: Cumberland House, 1997)

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
 - A proverb mentioned by St. Bernard in his SERMO PRIMUS

Charles F. Thomas
Digital Projects Coordinator
Univ. of Minnesota Libraries
612-625-3036