Re: Archive disaster plans

http://www.nyu.edu/library/bobst/research/preserv/displan/toc.htm

has a sample disaster plan in which you can fill in blanks with information appropriate for your institution. It is geared towards libraries, but most of the information applies to archives, also.

NEDCC has a "worksheet for outlining a disaster plan" (part of their preservation manual) at:

http://www.nedcc.org/plam3/tleaf34.htm

Clay-coated paper is glossy; most glossy magazines use clay coated paper.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist
Culinary Institute of America
433 Albany Post Road
Hyde Park, NY  12538-1499
(914) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> jill koepke <jkoepke@HOTMAIL.COM> 02/23/00 11:37PM >>>
Listserv,

I am currently working on a disaster plan for the archives where I work.  I
have not been able to compare my work to any existing disaster plans.  Do
any of you know where I can find some samples of disaster plans.  This would
come in handy when I work on my plan.
My disaster plan book talks about the importance of treating clay-coated
papers.  Where can I find some information on clay-coated papers.  I am
interested in finding out what types of documentations (if any) use clay
coated paper.  I am also interested in whether or not there is a way of
telling if paper is clay-coated.  Is it usually if the paper is shiny?
Thanks for your help.

Jill M. Koepke
Provincial Archivist
Broken Arrow, OK