Re: Job search: Curator, Louis Armstrong Archives

Hello Michael,
I've noticed a few postings on the Archives listserve which indicate that
the attachment sent with your message contained a virus. Here's a snip from
a typical message:

The file attachment curato~1.doc you sent to the recipients listed above
was infected with the W97M/Marker.gen virus and was successfully cleaned.

You may want to check with your systems people about this and also avoid
sending out attachments until your computer is checked out--it is possible
that the virus will be going out in every attachment you send out. I know
you probably had no idea your computer was infected, and I'm sorry to have
to pass out the bad news.

Sincerely,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator