Offsite storage

From: Daniel Sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL on 02/28/2000 10:36 AM

To:   archives@listserv.muohio.edu
cc:
Subject:  Offsite storage

I had some materials sent to offsite climate controlled storage at Iron Mountain
(who now own every ^*&%^%$^ storage company on the planet) about two years ago.
I believe (though I might be misremembering) that we are paying $1 per cubic
foot per _month_.  I think it's in a vault, but we're probably sharing space
with someone else in the vault  - we'd have had to pay much more to get our own
private vault, and I don't think we had enough to make it worth getting private
space.

The one thing to think about when going offsite is that the charges aren't
necessarily huge.

Unless.

Unless you actually need to call things back from them; the handling charges can
get expensive, and if you need to get to your files regularly, it can be
uneconomical to send things offsite.

Daniel

Daniel Sokolow
Corporate Archivist