Microfilming costs

Greetings all!

Our library has made contact with a potential benefactor who is willing
subsidize some microfilming of manuscript materials we hold.  My first
thought is that we have some very nice collections of letters and
diaries
from the Civil War that ought to be done, but I'm totally clueless on
what
to expect in the way of costs.

I would welcome input from anyone who has had recent experience with
such work-- I'm interested in such things as rough price per image,
turnaround
time, applicable ANSI standards, etc.  Also, good or bad experiences
with
particular vendors, and anything else that's relevant.  (Of course, if
there
are any microfilm services subscribing to the list, I welcome hearing
from
you too.)

Post publically or privately as suits you.  Thanks!!

Ed Frank
University of Memphis Libraries
efrank@memphis.edu