Microfilming Costs

Dear Mr. Frank (and list):

My name is Inez Wiatrowski and I am an Assistant Project Manager at
Preservation Resources, a non-profit division of OCLC specializing in
preservation reformatting.  Preservation Resources specializes in filming
challenging library and archive research materials and we have filmed many
manuscript collections.

Our pricing structure is based on the individual material, since there is a
large variation in the time it takes to microfilm different projects.  The
most expensive part of microfilming is the time involved in taking each
exposure.  For manuscript materials we most typically quote in the range of
$.28 to .$38 cents/frame (can be either one or two pages).

If you'd like more information about Preservation Resources and the services
we provide, please contact me with your mailing address and I will be glad
to send you a brochure or talk with you about your project.  You can also
visit our website at http://www.oclc.org/presres/.

Sincerely,

Inez Wiatrowski
Assistant Project Manager