M F O'Brien, BPL Social Sciences Department head

City of Boston Public Library Social Sciences Department
head M. F. O'Brien has flouted state local FOI freedom of
information principles denying access to City of Boston
Public Library Social Sciences department annual curatorial
reports
http://www.bpl.org/WWW/socsci/about.html

How ironic that M. F. O'Brien has an important role and
responsibility on our
Massachusetts Historical Advisory Board and
Archives Advisory Commission
http://www.magnet.state.ma.us/sec/arc/arcaac/aacmhrab.htm

Our urban public library has snubbed state local FOI freedom
of information in managing our legitimately public
historical archival materials
http://www.ma.lwv.org/guideto.htm

Lack of municipal accountability at city hall has set a tone
of indifference even hostility for our public services
http://www.magnet.state.ma.us/sec/pre/preidx.htm

Urban public library users/customers/consumers, urban public
library personnel, spouses, families, friends and urban
public library unions collective bargaining labor relations
advocates have been denied participation in urban public
library long range planning by barriers to access
legitimately public public library long range planning
reports and related information.

It is a contradiction to our public libraries' mission and
mandate.

Change urban public libraries' institutional culture!