Re: Query: WWII Social History Repositories

I think my father would be flattered!  Possible to send one packet to each?
Dad's slowing down some, and I think to send it to him personally would be
wonderful. At the same time, I would like a packet so that I can assist. I
talk with him weekly (he is out-of-state), and have had to prod him on this
project...   Dad was not on the front lines, but sort of the second wave or
so, thank heaven (or I might not be here). He was shot by the Japanese, and
still harbors some feelings there. If we had invaded Japan, I suspect I
might NOT be here!  However, I think he would be pleased to add his
narrative to your growing collection.   OK if I also spread the word?  I
belong to the Friends of the Air Force Museum, Wright-Patterson AFB, and
this call for narratives seems the perfect item to post there.  May I
suggest you contact Jerry Rep, editor of the Friends Journal, Air Force
Museum Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1903, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH  45433?
URL for USAF Museum is http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/      and URL for Air
Force Museum Foundation is http://www.intecon.com/museum     I've had a good
bit of luck with responses as to a big military reunion I am helping plan in
the UK.  As a lot of that age of American is not on the www, these
military-oriented periodicals is a good way to reach at least of few of that
era. Each branch of the military also has a periodical, so let me know if
you need an assist on that. That might prove fertile hunting ground to post
(always seems to be free) a notice in the "Leatherneck", "Retired Officer",
etc., etc.    Oh, my dad's mailing address:  Mr. Norman Lee Butcher, Sr.,
Defiance Commons, #12C, Wapakoneta, OH  45895.   I look forward to getting
the packet.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library