ATT: SAA College and University Archives section members

JUST A REMINDER TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY AND SEND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. DEADLINE IS MARCH 15!
Thanks.
-------------------------------

Dear Colleagues:

Our sincere apologies to those who experienced the multiplication
of list messages in conjunction with our attempt to distribute our
web site survey.  The cause was a series of large scale email
system errors coinciding unfortunately with our attempts to reach
university colleagues directly through a custom distribution list.
Thank you to the many who responded despite the system errors -
we appreciate your interest in assisting us with the survey.

For those U.S. colleagues who did not receive or hear about the
survey please note:

We are requesting your participation in a brief survey aimed at
North American university archivists and records managers.  The
purpose of this survey is to reveal a snapshot of the nature of web
site preservation work as undertaken by University archivists and
records managers across North America.  The survey results will
be presented as part of our session entitled "Record Keeping and
the Web: Challenges for Records Management and Archives" at
ARMA 2000 (October - Las Vegas) as well as at the Association of
Canadian Archivists annual conference held jointly with ARMA
(Canada) Region VIII (June 2000 - Edmonton Canada).   A brief
article about our project will be published in the SAA's University
and College Archives section newsletter and a report will be
available to the SAA Denver 2000 section meeting.

Note that this survey is also being made available to university
archivists in Canada and university records managers in both
Canada and the U.S..

To access the survey, visit www.archives.mcgill.ca ("Archives,
Records Management and University Web Site Survey").  While
the survey is hosted by McGill we ask that your completed copy
(either in paper or electronic form) be sent to Ms. Garron Wells
who will be compiling the results on behalf of this joint research
project. We request submissions to Ms. Wells by March 15.

Thanks again for your assistance - we look forward to hearing from
you.

Garron Wells                                    Johanne Pelletier
University of Toronto                   McGill University

Garron Wells
University Archivist
University of Toronto
Archives and Records Management Services
120 St. George St.,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5S 1A5
(416)-978-7656; fax: (416)978-1667