May I see the records?

Not usually how a FOIA request is presented. It is now the legislative
season here in the United States. The season when the individual state
legislatures and assemblies gather together to make sausage, WAIT I make
laws. (didn't someone say that watching legislation being made is akin to
making sausage?) I digress. Anyway. Last year any number of local newspapers
in association with the Associated Press conducted investigations of their
state's Freedom of Information laws. How effective, how well-known, etc.

Now various states are looking to change their laws granting greater access,
including new groups in to the bill, etc.

Arizona
greater access to confidential medical records
http://www.azcentral.com/news/0306rights.shtml

New Jersey Home state of Frank Sinatra is looking at a sweeping reform of
their Open Records Act
www.bergen.com/region/recordsjc200003071.htm

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/069/region/Open_records_bill_triggers_bro:.h
tm

www.bergen.com/editorials/op20000303.htm

www.boston.com/dailynews/069/region/Hotel_development_agency_dodge:.shtml

Pennsylvania 6-5000 (name that tune!)
is looking at their public records law and  one legislator described the new
legislation as a "halogen lamp that will cut through the fog"
http://www.phillynews.com/inquirer/2000/Mar/07/city/SOPEN07.htm

And down under (meaning Australia)
www.abc.net.au/news/newslink/weekly/newsnat-9mar2000-41.htm

Please let me (privately) know if their is a problem with the urls (and
which ones are the problem)

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Woodside Summit Group, Inc
Richmond, Virginia