Re: advice needed

Title: RE: advice needed

I guess I need to give a bit more information.  I have had several good responses, additional questions to consider and advise regarding justifying retaining a professional archivist.  Let me try to be more specific -- yes, there are a LOT of other collections to process, a lot of policies, procedures, etc. to be worked out, and hopefully, more collections coming in.  Those points are also made in my document.  However, specifically, I need points to make about maintenance issues for a "completed" collection.  Preservation, reference, related materials, outreach, exhibits  -- what else?  Have I forgotten anything?  And, as always, I feel as though I need help with the "language" that will convince folks that "not just anyone can do it."  I am the first archivist the center has had and in the three plus years I've been here I've done a lot of "educating," but also seem to continue to get a lot of blank stares.  Can you help me turn them into nods of understanding?

Thanks again,
Maggie

Maggie Yax, MLS
Albert B. Sabin Archivist
Cincinnati Medical Heritage Center
University of Cincinnati Medical Center's AIT&L
121 Wherry Hall
Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0574
Phone: 513-558-5121
Fax: 513-558-0472