Re: Archive collection managment software

Hello Jeannine,

I am looking at Concourse software.  The price is reasonable.  The software is owned by Booksystems.  You can access their website at www.booksys.com

What do you like about Eloquent Heritage?  Do they have a website?  Are you considering making the collection available via the web?  Thanks for responding.

Good luck in your search.

Sincerely,

Lee Furr

Ms. Lee Furr
Archivist/Librarian
Joseph Lee Memorial Library
National Recreation and Park Association
Email: lfurr@nrpa.org
Voice Mail: (703) 858-2192

>>> Jeannine Strunk <Jeannine_Strunk@ELCA.ORG> 3/10/00 9:24:52 AM >>>
Hello,

We are a small archive looking for archive collection management software.
We have looked a bit at Eloquent Heritage, but would very much like to hear
from other archives that are using the program.

We're also willing to look at other software, as well.  I have looked over
the Listserv archives and found references to several software companies
that we will look at (such as Minaret, Rediscovery, EmbARK, etc.).  However,
we would also like to know what software other archives are using and how
well the software performs.  There are some positive responses for Inmagic
DB/TextWorks and Internet Archivist on the Listserv, but input on any other
programs would be welcome.

Our collections are mainly paper records, but we also have objects,
photographs, audio, video, etc.  We would like software that will take us
from accessioning collections through processing. We would also like
software that can generate reports, inventories, etc., is capable of
importing and exporting records and information (ASCII/MARC, etc.), and can
convert information for Web use (we are not sure whether we will be using
EAD or HTML).  It is also important that the software be flexible, so we can
play around with it a bit if necessary.

Thank you.

Jeannine Strunk
Assistant Archivist