Re: Job listing

Hi David:

    The New York State Archives provides training for archival staff through the
Documentary Heritage Program (DHP).  The DHP also has a grant program for
historical records.  If you are located in the New York City area you may
contact the METRO Council at (212)228-2320 to see what workshops they are
offering under the DHP.

If you are in the Long Island Region you may contact me at 631-632-6656 or
e-mail at dhp-lilrc.org.  The Long Island-DHP is offering two workshops in May,
they are:

Introduction to Arrangement and Description of Historical Records at the Half
Hollow Hills Community Library-Melville Branch.  Presenter:  Mimi Bowling of the
New York Public Library.  Date:  May 9, 2000.

Introduction to Using MARC Format with Archives and Manuscripts Materials at the
Sachem Public Library, Holbrook.  Presenter:  Daniel Linke of the Mudd
Manuscript Library/Princeton University.  Date:  May 22, 2000.

If I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

                                                Virginia Antonucci
                                                Regional Archivist
                                                L.I. Library Resources
Council-DHP