Digital photography consultant

Apologies for cross-posting.

We are looking for names of individuals (preferably in California) who might be able to advise us on the feasibility of using a digital camera to digitize some percentage of our 32,000-piece poster collection.  We would especially like to identify someone with some production experience with large color images (24" x 18" and larger) in an archival (as opposed to commercial) setting.  We have a lot of "quick and dirty" in-house uses for a digital camera and plan to purchase one in the near future, but we don't know yet if we should consider a digital camera for our ongoing digital imaging project (in which we scan from slides on to PhotoCDs.)

Names of possible consultants for our project would be greatly appreciated.  Words of wisdom also welcomed.

Susan Tschabrun
Center for the Study of Political Graphics, Los Angeles