Re: Hushpuppies - was Ahem! (blush)

Hush puppies are a southern delicacy made from corn meal, egg, milk, and
chopped onion; rolled into bite size balls and fried to a golden brown.
After 5 days the drippin' you fried them in may take on a new life form!  To
keep the thread pertinent (pardon my toungue in my cheek) - historically
hush puppies were a "poor man's" food because they are very filling and
require commonly obtainable and inexpensive ingredients.

The name supposedly comes from using them as a quickly concocted, somewhat
nutritional and cheap way of feeding dogs and puppies that have been weaned
or have lost their mothers.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Newport News Waterworks