Color printing

Hello list -

To introduce myself, I am currently serving as the Interim Archivist at Albion College while I finish my undergraduate work, and am enrolled at the University of Michigan for fall in Library Science.  I have enjoyed being a lurker for the past few months, but now I have a question of my own.

What is the preferred method of color printing for archival purposes?  What are the standards of color laser printing and dye sublinmation?  Is one method preferred over the other?  Does the real longevity have to do with the paper quality?

Thanks,
Amy
areimann@albion.edu