Passport Applications

Thanks to several people on this list who responded to a previous query I posted about the availability of passport applications for research I was able to find an application for my subject that was dated in 1921.

I have three further questions to which I hope those on the list will be equally responsive.  1)What is the procedure for gaining permission to examine the passport applications of persons after 1925; 2)Is there a separate index for the years 1924 and 1925.  I found the individual passport applications for those years but not the index; 3)Is the hard copy of the applications accessable?  I found the application on microfilm and the picture looks okay when viewed but did not copy well at all.  I need to compare that photo with numerous other photos.  I either need to make a better copy from an original print of the photograph which is, presumably, in the hard copy file, or have someone make a negative from the microfilm positive so that I can print one for myself. Does anyone have experience with either of these alternatives?

Jim McLeod

--
Dr. James A. McLeod
President, The Highland Group