pretty park

Not being a computer fesh or anything, I risk making myself look a rather extreme idiot. However, I was under the impression that Pretty Park can somehow get into one's e-mail address book and send the virus to all on that list...so that the person sending the virus might not actually be doing it of their own volition...certainly not out of maliciousness. Pretty easy, in fact, to have the thing and not know it. I have see this virus operate in an identical manner (the test:...etc., then signature of person) on other lists and I think it rather unlikely that these people in different countries with rather different interests would all think of the same format for infection.

My 2p (still worth more than 2c, and may it remain so)

---Ed Winchester

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Leigh M Hall wrote:

> At 09:59 PM 03/29/2000 -0800, you wrote:
> >Test: Pretty Park.exe  :)
> >
> >   Glenn Sewell
> >

> This is the SECOND time this person has sent this virus to the listserv!
> Will someone PLEASE remove him from the list,  ban him while you're at it.
>
> Thanks,
> Leigh

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct