Puget Sound Chapter of ARMA Chapter Program - April 12th 2000

April Meeting

Ask the Expert, Part II:
Offsite Records Storage

What to look for when choosing
an Off-site Records Center vendor

Patrick Devries operates a facility where Spokane area firms keep records off-site. He is also active in ARMA serving as President of the Inland-Empire chapter in our Great Northwest Region.

Mr. DeVries will discuss issues surrounding off-site records management. He will suggest what to look for in a facility, in security, and in service when considering a vendor for your corporate records. What are the costs associated with off-site storage? What additional services can a vendor provide? How do you develop a strong, collaborative relationship with your records storage provider (how do you define and control the division of duties within this partnership)? How can dissatisfaction with a vendor be effectively voiced and resolved?

Once again, questions from the audience will be encouraged. Please do not hesitate to voice questions and lessons that stem from your personal work experience. This is another opportunity for our chapter members to get to know and learn from each other’s experiences. Time permitting, we will attempt to put together an outline of an RFP; this "mock RFP" will include ways of most effectively phrasing certain off-site storage concerns.

Wednesday, April 12th, 2000
La Quinta Inn/Tacoma
Tacoma, Washington
La Quinta Inn/Tacoma
Tacoma, Washington

Agenda

Social/Registration: 6:00-6:30pm
  Dinner ($17.00): 6:30 – 7:15pm
Business Meeting: 7:15 – 7:30pm
Program: 7:30 – 8:30pm

Make your reservations in several ways:

1.  Chapter Website:  http://www.pugetsoundarma.org

2.  Phone:  Tami Kohl at (253) 798-3134 or Email her at tkohl@co.pierce.wa.us

or (3) Print and fax to Barbara Braun at (253) 657-9291