Re: Rag paper sources

Heather:
I would suggest to the teacher that she have her class make their own paper,
dependent on the age of the class.  This would add an extra learning
dimension.  Though I have not done it myself, my wife has. I know it is fairly
easy, and there are simple kits to do it in well-stocked art supply stores.
It can even be done with things like clothes dryer lint, which of course,
would be of short fibers, and not suitable for preservation purposes, but hey,
it is dryer lint!

Mark

Mark Lambert
Special Collections and Government Documents Librarian
South Texas College of Law Library