[no subject]

In the past we have had people take and reproduce images on websites and in
publications without permission.  We've tried to protect our photographs and
images that we use on the website by limiting them to 72 dpi.  When printed
from the web the images are of poor quality, but this does not protect us
from someone lifting an image from our website and then using it on their
own.

Does anyone else on the list use watermarks?  Have you found them to be
effective?  Are they worth the expense?  Are there other ways to protect our
photographs and images on the web and after they have been scanned?

Amy Fulkerson

Witte Museum
San Antonio, Texas 78209
amyfulkerson@wittemuseum.org