Andrew Carnegie Symposium

This particular event looks rather interesting.  I wish that I could
attend.
The person of Andrew Carnegie presents some bitter-sweet realities for one
who grew up in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.  There was the positive truth that
he did an awful lot to build up Johnstown and the immediate surrounding
area.  There was also a dam that became the sight of a club for the
entrepreneurs of his day.  This dam had been slowly weakening; and
engineers had informed and even warned the entrepreneurs...to no avail.
(All of this is documented within David McCullough's book about the
Johnstown Flood.) It was this dam that broke on May 31, 1889, killing
many....
I do hope that the event is beneficial to all who attend.

Michael Fry