Re: magic marker on laminated map

Matthew,
Obviously be careful when trying any removal technique and do so in the most
non-obvious area.  I have found that a light application of an oil (such as
Canola Oil) used with a paper towel is most effective for removing "magic
marker" from plastic surfaces.  Remember that most plastics are somewhat
permeable so use the smallest amount of oil you can with light rubbing.  You
might want to remove any surface dirt with a damp cloth and let dry first to
prevent scratching.  My thoughts only.  Dick King

Matthew Gilmore wrote:

> We have a laminated subway map which someone, long
> before _my_ time, edited with magic marker (adding
> completed subway stops....
> How do I get magic marker off this?
> The laminated surface seems very resiliant so some
> sort of solvent should work--but what?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> Matthew Gilmore
> DC Public Library

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;cell:520.419.6577
tel;fax:520.889.5660
tel;work:520.889.5666
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Arizona;Records Management and Archives
version:2.1
email;internet:kingr@u.arizona.edu
title:Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;University of Arizona=0D=0ARecords Management and Archives,=0D=0A250 E. Valencia Road=0D=0A;Tucson;AZ;85706;USA
end:vcard