Storage standard and guidance

Our reference: 99/0652

Dear Listserv members

We are pleased to announce that our Standard on the Physical Storage of
State Records was approved under s.13 of the State Records Act 1998 on 19
April 2000. It was gazetted in the NSW Government Gazette of 28 April 2000.

NSW public offices will be formally notified of the standard's release and
copies will be distributed with the next update of the Government
Recordkeeping Manual. The standard will be introduced incrementally in the
NSW public sector according to an implementation timetable.

We have also produced guidelines called Solutions for Storage: Guidelines on
the Physical Storage of State Records. The guidelines have been principally
developed to assist public offices to meet the compliance requirements in
the standard. However, they contain additional information on suitable
measures for records storage in order to encourage public offices to achieve
best practice.

If you wish to view copies of the standard, guidelines or the timetable,
please go to
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/publicsector/rk/storage/storagefirst.htm or
click on the 'News Flash box of our home page at
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au

Regards

Janet Knight
Project Officer
Recordkeeping Standards
State Records

Our contact details:
E-mail: standards2@records.nsw.gov.au
World Wide Web: http://www.records.nsw.gov.au
Postal address: PO Box R625 Royal Exchange
SYDNEY  NSW  1225 AUSTRALIA
Phone: (02) 9237 0123  Fax: (02) 9237 0142
International: Phone: +61 2 9237 0123  Fax: +61 2 9237 0142
Electronic messages are records in law and in logic. They are treated as
'documents' as defined in s. 6(1) of the Freedom of Information Act, 1989
(NSW).

End of message