Re: Databases and EAD

UC Berkeley supposedly has a Perl script that will convert Access to EAD.
Check the On-line Archive of California for a contact person [but
hurry--their funding is being redirected].  There are more than a few problems
connected with the final product, however....  It took me a month to correct
the coding of a fairly large file.

If the crosswalk you are using are designed by an EAD savvy archivist, then you
ought to be able to manage it with the Berkely program.  Just remember:
Garbage in Garbage out.

Finally, if there are other solutions out there, I'd like to hear about
them myself.  I'd be happy with an EAD-specific editor that actually
constrained tag choices.

John Howard Fowler
Historian, Archivist
az248@lafn.org