Sound recording for time capsule

The Daily Hampshire Gazette of Northampton, MA, is assembling items for a
time capsule, to be opened in 2100.  They have invited participation by a
number of people, including myself, who have an interest in local history.

Many have suggested providing sound recordings, primarily of people
speaking, although music might also be included.  We are aware of the
several issues raised in doing so: on the one hand, the lifespan of
whatever medium we use, be it analog or digital; and on the other hand, the
question of whether any technology we use will be playable a century from
now.  There is consensus that whatever words we include should also be
retained in hard copy -- but there is also strong sentiment that the
immediacy of real voices makes it worthwhile to try.

Any suggestions or ideas?  Have others who have assembled time capsules
included sound recordings?  If so, what media did you select?

Thanks!

Rick Teller
Archivist & Librarian
The Williston Northampton School