Re: microfilming projects

Thank you for your offer of assistance.  I am still processing the collection, so I am no where near ready to develop targets.  But as I go through and find poor copies, multiple drafts, routing slips, and the occasional document printed on both sides, I wonder just how much I will have to target.

For example, should there be just one target or instruction for the filmer that states only the final draft of a letter is being filmed?  There are also form letters that are sent ad nauseum when the governor gets badgered about a decision he has made, or is about to make.  Would you put in a target that states something like this form letter was sent to the following correspondents (followed by the incoming letters)?  These are the sorts of details that keep going through my mind.  I don't know if you have experience with this type of thing, but your insights would be helpful.

I am familiar with the sources you cite, except for the book of targets.  I will see if our US Newspaper Project director has a copy that I could borrow.

Thanks for your offer of help.  I had some work done by your shop in my former life as librarian at the Fairfield Historical Society and was very impressed with the quality of the work.

Barbara Austen
Project Archivist
Connecticut State Archives
231 Capitol Ave.