Re: use statistics

I would be interested in this information! We are starting to focus more
on the research aspect of our collections, so I have been trying to
develop research forms. There was a discussion on this a month or so (?)
ago but new ideas are great to take into consideration.

Right now, the form asks for basic information such as name, address,
date, phone, and nature of research. There is a place to check what type
of photo ID is used (to confirm researcher is who they say they are),
and since all staff have a photo ID this helps to monitor what is being
researched by in-house & outside researchers. Also, department name and
ext. # are used in the basic info. for in-house researchers. The bottom
half of the page is where the researcher writes what materials they are
requesting. On the other side of this sheet is the listing of research
room policies with a place for the reseracher's signature. I have
in-house researchers read and sign this part since many are not fully
familiar with these policies yet.

To keep track of all this info., I have set up a database in Access. I
haven't figured out yet how to compile all the information, but I'm sure
that is available.

Hope this helps a little!

Bridgette A. Kelly
Special Collections Manager