Re: use statistics

If you have time to call me, I will be glad to answer questions over the phone:  512-916-5137, ext. 257.

TINA HOUSTON
Supervisory Archivist
LBJ Library and Museum
Austin, Texas

>>> Michelle Mumaw <MMumaw@MCC.MCCOAK.ORG> 05/10/00 10:30AM >>>
Hello,

I have just started in my position and one of the things I'd like us to
start doing in our archives/library is keeping some kind of use
statistics.  Right now most of our use in internal, but we have no
statistics to show that or to show us what's getting used.
What type of use statistics do you keep in your archives?  Do you
differentiate between internal and external customers?  If you were do
it all over again, what would you be glad of knowing now that you didn't
know then (assuming you started the statistic keeping, or made major
revisions to the procedures)?  Any pertinent advice would be
appreciated, and you can respond to me off the list (unless others would
also appreciate the information).
Thank you!

Michelle Mumaw
mmumaw@mcc.mccoak.org
Archivist
Minnetrista Cultural Center and Oakhurst Gardens
Muncie, Indiana