Re: use statistics

We have a line on our form that says:  Institution  and when they
fill in that, we can usually catch academic or cultural affiliation.
Our categores are:   undergraduate, graduate, faculty, staff,
community (research), and community (genealogy)     Most
people readily admit to being a community member...I didn't
like separating research and genealogy, but did it to counter
some of the mythology that "only genealogists use special
collections" .... by breaking that we've been able to show
that 60% of non-university use is research and 40% is
genealogy...

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338