Re: Approaching the grieving

Hi, Everyone--

I did not mention in my first response that the Gas Company's collection
came to our library because the company was being acquired by a mainland
firm.  The company's president and corporate communications officer had
the foresight to convince the sellers (an Australian conglomerate)to
donate the collection with seed money for processing.  It took a lot of
work on their part (their jobs were in jeopardy also) to convince the
sellers to save the company's history, especially since they owned the
company for less than 10 years.

Suggestion:  If you are aware that an organization's records are facing a
demise, it doesn't hurt to contact their librarian (if they have one) or
the corporate secretary, etc. and offer a home for their historical
records.  It helped in our situation.

Aloha,

Jessica