SOLINET PRESERVATION WORKSHOP

*************************LIBRARY BINDING FOR PRESERVATION*********************************

Want to know the ins and outs of library binding? This intensive one-day workshop will give you the tools you need to make appropriate decisions that balance your preservation goals and your financial realities. It includes:

* Book Structure & Modern Book Manufacturing Methods - how books are put together....

* What Really Happens at the bindery? - an overview of bindery operations, leaf attachment methods, terms, etc.

* Do the Right Binding Thing - discussion and practicum of binding decisions to be applied within the library

* So I've Been to the Workshop...What's Next? - guidelines for immediately and cost-effective upgrading your binding program

* How Do I Evaluate or Write a Binding Contract? - overview and discussion on contracts and vendor relations

This workshop will be held at James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA on Friday, June 23. Cost is $95 SOLINET members ($85 early bird, $120 late registration). $135 Non-SOLINET & FEDLINK ($125 early bird, $160 late).

For more information or to register, contact Erica Waller at 800-999-8558, erica_waller@solinet.net or visit our website at www.solinet.net and register online.

Alicia Riley, Administrative Assistant
Preservation Field Services
SOLINET