Re: .PDF

Hi Neil,

I tried scanning files in Tiff, jpg and pdf and pdf was the largest file,
running over
a meg a page!  Jpg is the smallest, but the words looked awful. Jpg is for
pictures,
but pdf does better for words, and put the page the right size for your screen.
My
jpgs were too big for the screen and too fuzzy!  I am not fond of Tiff, because
you
can't put it on a webpage.  I don't think any browsers read it yet.  But .pdfs
will open
Adobe Acrobat Reader if you have downloaded it.  I put a link to Adobe Reader
downloads on pages I write that contain .pdf file links.

Sharon Centanne
LTA, Systems and Acquisitions
Nelson Poynter Memorial Library
USF St. Petersburg, FL