archives in a vault

The majority of the Board of a group for whom I am working as a consultant
want to house their archives in an old bank  vault (the museum/archives
building was originally a bank).  My major concern is the lack of
ventilation.  Is there a way to ventilate this vault?  If so, approximately
what would would be involved and what would this process cost?

There is a small brick-walled, fireproof room in the building but it also
is unventilated, musty, and damp.  A second small room, which I prefer, is
NOT fireproof but has ventilation and seems better suited for storing
manuscript collections and photographs.  Perhaps using fireproof steel
legal-size file cabinets in this room would satisfy their concerns about
potential fire damage, but, again, ventilation within the cabinets would be
restricted.

Does anyone have other suggestions?  Please reply off list.  Thank you in
advance for your suggestions and advice.

JoAnn Pospisil
Senior Assistant Archivist
Baylor College of Medicine
Chancellor's Office & Archives