Re: archival quality printer ink

Just as a point of information, the site cited by Jan Boles is by
Henry Wilhelm/Wilhelm Research. Henry Wilhelm wrote THE book about
color image permanence for photo archives, The Permanence and Care of
Color Photographs: Traditional and Digital Color Prints, Color
Negatives, Slides, and Motion Pictures" (1993) by Henry Wilhelm and
contributing author Carol Brower.Therefore, I would trust the
information.

Debra

Mark and List,

There are a number of WWW sites that address this question. One that has
been helpful to me is <www.wilhelm-research.com>

Jan Boles, Archivist
Robert E. Smylie Archives
Albertson College of Idaho
2112 Cleveland Blvd
Caldwell, ID 83605-4494
208-459-5230    <jboles@albertson.edu>

Greetings,

I would greatly appreciate any assistance the list could provide
concerning obtaining "archival quality" color ink cartridges for the Epson
800 printer.  I'm trying to help one of our professors since he
he has been asked to supply scans of various slides for a Society of
American Foresters time capsule.  He will, of course, be putting these on
acid-free paper and would prefer the scans be in color (black & white or
gray scale if necessary). Would anyone know of any particular
brands/manufacturers that would be of help to this gentleman?

Thanks,

Mark D. Jaeger
Purdue University Libraries
Special Collections