Records cross country move

Does anyone have any experience and advice about moving records across
country?  One of our previous congressmen is donating his papers, 80-90
cubic feet of material.  The government has already paid to move it from
Capitol Hill to Northern Virginia and won't pay for a second move.  So we
need to figure out the best and most economical way to get them to El Paso.
Has anyone dealt with this before.  Can you recommend a shipper?  What
special issues do we need to address with them?  I am a somewhat concerned,
knowing regular movers use semi trailers for cross country moves and may
unload and reload your stuff several times before it gets to your
destination.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Roberta (Bobbi) Sago
Manuscript Librarian/Archivist
Special Collections Department
University Library