From:   Terry Abraham [SMTP:tabraham@UIDAHO.EDU]
Sent:   Thursday, June 08, 2000 1:58 PM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:        Re: Records cross country move

When we looked into this a few years back, mailing it as Library Materials
was cheapest. I don't know if that is still the case. Even though mailed,
much of it arrived on plastic-wrapped pallets, which mostly kept things
together.

On the other hand, if you are worried about it all staying together during
the move, this is not the way to go.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections U of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Roberta Sago wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience and advice about moving records across
> country?  One of our previous congressmen is donating his papers, 80-90
> cubic feet of material.  The government has already paid to move it from
> Capitol Hill to Northern Virginia and won't pay for a second move.  So we
> need to figure out the best and most economical way to get them to El
Paso.