Re: Response to Reference Hours and question on security

As usual, I agree with Holly. She and I have a similar arrangement
vis-a-vis Special Collections reference hours being basically "whenever
I'm here." My situation, however, is perhaps a bit more fortunate than
hers in that the access to my Special Collections Vault is rigorously
controlled. Only four of us have keys to it: The Director, the two
Associate Directors, and I. All four of these keys are kept in secure
areas, e.g., my pocket.

I know that Holly is up against a tough administrative fight and I know
that she does not compromise security willingly. There is probably
little she can do beyond continuing to beat her head against the brick
wall of Philistines who boss her around.

But the battle is worthwhile!

Cheers!

Eric

--

Eric v. d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library

                              *****

"Be always sure you're right, then go ahead."
                                          -- Davy Crockett
                                [Autobiography, 1834, title page]