Coroplast Boxes

Dear List members:

We usually store unusually-sized material in custom-made coroplast boxes,
which are held together by plastic screw-together "rivets". Has anyone out
there had any experience using, say, double-sided tape to put boxes like
this together, and if so could you please tell me what your experiences
were? Might there be another adhesive that is quick, clean and
archivally-correct that someone could recommend?

The problem I find with the rivets is that they add to the time it takes to
build a box (and thus the cost/box), and also in some applications having
rivet heads poking out inside the box can pose a danger of catching on
anything being slid in and out of it. So I would dispense with them if I
could.

Thoughts?

Jeff

J. Jeffrey O'Brien, City Archivist
City of  Saskatoon Archives

88 24th Street East
Saskatoon, Sask. S7K 0K4

Tel: 306-975-7811
Fax: 306-975-2612
Email: jeff.obrien@city.saskatoon.sk.ca

See our new online exhibit "Putting Out Fires" at:
http://www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/org/clerks_office/archives/archives.asp