Re: Oral History-related inquiry

6/20/00

If you send me your full name and Postal Service address, I'll send you
sample oral history release forms from the following: the Edmund S.
Muskie Oral History Project, the Maine Vietnam Veterans Oral History
Project (which I co-direct) and the oral history assignments I give to
students in the courses I teach on the Vietnam war.

I think the forms cover the main concerns -- copyright transfer,
restrictions, access, etc.

Sincerely,

Christopher M. Beam
Director, The Edmund S. Muskie Archives
Bates College, 70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
(207) 786-6354, FAX (207) 786-6035
E-mail: cbeam@bates.edu
html://www.bates.edu/muskie_archives

> Dear list members,
>
> I am looking for different versions of agreements used by oral history archives, or archives with oral history holdings. These would be releases signed by those who had been interviewed, which would give (or deny) permission to use the content of the in

terview for different purposes. Some agreements permit the use of material in printed form only, some agreements have blanket coverage (including use in a digital format), and others are intended to keep the material for in-house use only. Thus far (my re

search is in its early stages), I have contacted two organizations about the forms that they use, but any guidance from list members to online resources they find particularly well-constructed or authoritative would be greatly appreciated.