Re: Jobs

I have to agree with Laren and Daniel. (and I'm in the private sector) A
private sector organization should at least put down the range. The position
description may be ideal but if it is paying less than I make now why should
I waste my time applying. In addition I will not reply to a position
advertisement that asks for my salary requirements. Its like playing poker I
don't want to expose my hand. Tell me what you are offering and I like it I
will apply.

In a similar vein -- Having relocated twice within the past ten years I
wonder how many people do not apply for a position because relocation is not
paid or offered. Both of my relocations were paid. (Thank Goodness!)
Otherwise I would not have even considered the position.

For example my move to Virginia cost approximately (includes temporary
housing, travel to new location and moving expenses) $15K (yikes is right)
If it had not been paid for I would not have been able to take the job.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management
Woodside Summit Group, Inc
Richmond, Virginia